It’s common to travel to larger cities for second opinions and specialized services. Here are some resources that may help.
- The Cornell Campus to Campus Bus is terrific way to get from Ithaca to New York City. It stops at Weill Cornell Medical Center in NYC which is adjacent to Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. Through generous support from Cornell, we can free book trips for patients (and a companion) who are traveling to NYC for medical appointments. YOU MUST MAKE RESERVATIONS THROUGH THE CANCER RESOURCE CENTER. More info: Campus to Campus Guidelines. Note: Due to Covid, service is currently suspended until further notice.
- Angel Wheels to Heal (formerly known as Angel Bus) assists with ground transportation and provides gas cards.
- OurBus provides bus service from Ithaca to New York City and many other locations.
- Corporate Angel Network (seats are regularly available from the Elmira/Corning Airport to NYC)
- PALS:Free medical flights and patient air transportation
- Wings Flights of Hope: Wings Flights of Hope flies out of Buffalo, NY to various locations throughout the North East section of the US. The most common destinations flown to are:
- New York, NY
- Boston, MA
- Philadelphia, PA
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Cleveland, OH
- Angel Flight NE:Free air and ground transportation so children and adults may access life-saving medical care
- Angel Flight East
- Mercy Medical Airlift:Transportation to Medical Care for Patients in Need
- Airbnb in collaboration with the Cancer Support Community (free housing for cancer patients and caregivers who meet geographic and income criteria. Call 877-793-0498)
- Joe’s House: A Lodging Guide for Cancer Patients
- Hope Lodge (American Cancer Society)
- National Association of Hospital Hospitality Houses
- Hotel Tonight is an excellent app that helps you find last minute hotel rooms at a discount. It’s great if you need to find a room in NYC within the week.