CRC/CMC Living Well With Cancer Workshops will be live streamed on the 3rd Tuesday of each month at 5:30 pm (until we can do them in person again!)
Tuesday, April 20: “Demystifying mental health care” Presented by Erin Alexander and Melissa Enns LMSW from Mindwell Center Ithaca
This presentation will address common questions and concerns about seeking mental health resources including:
- How do I find a therapist?
- What are the different types of mental health care providers, and does it matter which type I see (e.g., psychologist vs. psychiatrist vs. counselor)?
- An introduction to the different approaches/theoretical orientations that therapists take
- What to expect in therapy (first appointment and beyond)
- Advice on how to have a successful therapy experience (ie: finding someone who is a good fit for you, being honest when something bothers you, etc.)
What is the Living Well with Cancer Workshop and how can it help me?
LWWC is a monthly educational program on a topic related to cancer &/or general well-being. All of our workshops are free & open to the public. CRC brings in guest speakers to help educate our community about topics that are important to anyone affected by cancer. Past topics have included Cancer, Covid & Coping, Reiki, Sexuality, Grief & Faith, Chemo Brain: Challenges & Strategies, plus many more.
To join, request a topic, or if you would be interested in presenting a workshop, please email us at email@example.com. You can find out the topic of the month by checking this page, subscribing to our monthly E-News, or emailing us. Miss a #LLWC? Click here to see past Workshop videos.