When does ONLINE registration end?
Friday, October 1st at noon
Can I register offline?
You can pick up a registration form at CRC, or download one here. Drop it off, mail it to CRC. Just make sure it gets to CRC BEFORE noon on Friday Oct 1! If you miss the deadline, you can bring it to the event and register in person from 8:30am to 9:55am at the increased registration fee of $50.
Can I sign up my family members when I’m registering myself?
Yes, but you will still have to pay the full registration fee for each person that you sign up.
What does it cost to register between now and Friday, October 1st ending at noon?
$30 Adults 17& over
$25 Youth 16 & under
Beginning at noon on Friday, October 1st: $50 registration fee for ALL ages.
If an individual can’t afford the registration fee, they can fundraise & apply that money to their registration fee.
There is no “Team registration fee” – all participants must register as individuals, whether joining a team or not.
For detailed instructions on how to use the new registration platform, click here.
What if someone signed up as an individual, but then decided they want to join a team?
No problem, just share this link with them! givebutter.com/WalkRun2021/join
Fundraising & Fundraising Incentives
Do I have to fundraise to participate?
Fundraising is not required to participate once you are registered but we highly encourage that you fundraise. Every dollar raised helps provide support to those facing cancer in our community and the event funds one third of our annual budget. We recommend a personal goal of $500. for individuals and a team goal of $1500. However, all donations, big or small, are appreciated and make a difference. Donations are all tax deductible.
Are there any fundraising incentives?
– The top 5 fundraising teams (as of Friday, October 1 at noon) will have a sign posted at the finish line showing their team name & the total amount of money that they raised.
– The #1 fundraising Team will lead the way for the Walkers at the start line!
– The top 5 individual fundraisers will receive a gift valued at $50 or more (TBA).
– Individuals who turn in $500 or more before October 31st will receive a prize (TBA)
Creating A Team
What is a Walk Team?
A Walkathon & 5K Run walk team is a group of walkers who collect donations both individually and together in support of their pledges to the walk. A walk team can consist of co-workers, members of a club or organization, families, friends, or anyone else! You can join an existing team, or create one of your own!
What if some of us want to run, and others want to walk?
That is totally fine, you’ll see each other at the end of the course!
Starting a Team – Be a Team Captain
You can start your team by registering online at givebutter.com/WalkRun2021. If you choose to create a team, you will become the designated Team Captain in charge of picking a team name, recruiting members, and encouraging your team members to collect donations.
What if I signed up as an individual and now I want to start (or join) a Team?
No problem, just email email@example.com and we’ll get you switched right over!
How will we find each other?
Just look for the “Meet Up Spot” banner (behind the Pancake Breakfast Tent), and you can get your Team picture taken while you’re over there! You can also get your pictures taken at Jyl’s Photo Booth, and share them on social media right from the event.
How do we show our Team spirit?
Lots of teams dress up, print unique shirts or hats, and carry signs or banners. Sometimes it’s in honor or memory of an individual, sometimes it’s to promote their company, and sometimes it’s just for fun (creativity always encouraged!)
How to Recruit Team Members
Let it be known that you and/or your organization are forming a team for CRC’s Walkathon & 5K Run. Invite individuals to participate by distributing information about the walk and how to register. Here are some quick tips on how to get the word out:
- Start with those closest to you: call and email your family, friends, and neighbors to let everyone know you are forming a team and are looking for team members. Emphasize that it’s a great way to have fun while supporting a great cause.
- Download or create a Walkathon & 5K Run recruitment flyer and send it around your neighborhood. Put up posters at places you frequent such as your school or place of worship. Ask if you can put in an announcement in the newspaper or bulletin.
- Write an article for a local or school newspaper about the Walkathon & 5K Run and your walk team.
- Set up a fundraising event to get the word out about your team while collecting donations.
- Put a notice on the bulletin board at work and/or put a brief article in the company newsletter. Include the team captain’s name, email and phone number as the contact for more information.
- Have a sign-up table in the cafeteria or lunchroom at work.
- Encourage your team members to spread the word and recruit other individuals.