January is Cervical Cancer Awareness Month
Sponsored by HomeLight.
Top Syracuse real estate agents (see below).
Changing the face of real estate,
one happy homeowner at a time.
The United States Congress designated January as Cervical Health Awareness Month. Nearly 13,000 women in the United States are diagnosed with cervical cancer each year, but the disease is preventable with vaccination and appropriate screening (Pap and HPV tests). Source: cancerhealth.com
#CervicalCancer #CervicalCancerAwareness #CervicalScreening #PapSmear #SmearForSmear #ReduceYourRisk #HPV #HPVVaccine #WeAreCervivor #CervicalCheck #NationalCervicalCancerMonth #CervicalCancerPreventionWeek #cancerresourcecenter #crc #crcfl #homelight
There are 1,218 real estate agents in Syracuse, NY but HomeLight uses data to find the best ones. HomeLight compares the agent performance data in your area to find real estate agents who get the job done 1.8x days faster than the average Syracuse, NY real estate agent. Visit homelight.com, or call (855) 999-7975 today.
February Focus – Exercise!
Sponsored by Cayuga Ski & Cyclery
Cayuga Ski & Cyclery was established in 1999 and is locally owned and operated. They sell and service bikes, cross-country and downhill skis and accessories.
CRC CARES ABOUT EXERCISE AND WELLNESS
Research on the benefits of exercise continues to mount for improving health and for impact on cancer survival. CRC is offering 2 new Wellness/Exercise Classes for people affected by cancer and their caregivers. It made perfect sense for our neighbors at Cayuga Ski & Cyclery to Sponsor the month of February since skiing & biking are two great ways to exercise!
TWO NEW CLASSES (at the Just Be Cause Center, 1013 W. State St., Ithaca.)
All abilities welcome, free of charge, and no experience or registration required!
1. Lee Ginenthal’s Unconventional Training and Strengthening (starting February 3rd):
- Mondays, 12:00-1:00pm (Open to Men & Women)
- Mondays, 5:15 – 6:15pm (Men ONLY) Class is offered on a drop-in basis, however regular attendance is strongly encouraged to reap the benefits. For more information, contact Lee at email@example.com
2. Annie Stiver’s Yoga Class (February 7 through May 15):
- Fridays 12-1:00pm Gentle, slow-flowing yoga, restorative poses, focus on breathing, meditation, and movement. For more information, contact Annie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ON-GOING: Nick Boyar’s Yoga Class Tuesday’s 9:30-11:00am at Island Fitness.
CLASSES AVAILABLE IN THE COMMUNITY (click on links for more information):
- Water Exercise Class – (Session #3) Saturdays, Feb 15, 22, 29, March 7, 14, 21
- Tai Chi Class – Taoist Tai Chi Society offers classes in Ithaca, Danby, Varna and Trumansburg.
(Vouchers available from CRC, contact Monica 607-277-0960.)
#wellness #exercise #yoga #fitness #cancer #cayugaskiandcyclery #cancerresourcecenter #crc #crcfl
Here are the 9 top reasons why Cayuga Ski & Cyclery is the best place to shop:
1. They have the right bike for you.
2. Comfort and safety are built into every bike they sell.
3. All their new bikes are assembled by professional bicycle mechanics.
4. They allow test rides, the best way to select a new machine.
5. Their experienced staff is happy to offer all the free cycling advice you need.
6. Every new bike comes with a free tune-up.
7. All their bikes are guaranteed.
8. Their bikes offer the highest quality, longest life and best resale value.
9. They carry all the best accessories to go with your new bike
Cayuga Ski & Cyclery
624 West State Street
Ithaca, NY 14850
Phone: (607) 277-6821
Fax: (607) 277-4213
March is Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month
Sponsored by Cinemapolis
Encouraging central New York residents to
explore the power of film to entertain, educate,
and to celebrate the human experience.
We know that you love the big screen…
but have you BEEN screened!?!
Have you been screened for colorectal cancer?
If you’re age 50+, get screened, and encourage
your family and friends. This is one cancer you can prevent!
There are several screening tests for #ColorectalCancer.
If you’re 50 or older, ask your doctor which test is right for you.
#ColonCancer #ColorectalCancer #ColonHealth #ColonCancerMonth #DontAssume #ColonCancerAwareness
#ColorectalCancerAwareness #DoItForYourLovedOnes #TomorrowCantWait #Never2Young
Cinemapolis is a A community cultural institution where the art of film is used to enrich people’s lives,
grapple with and illuminate contemporary issues, and, of course, to entertain.
Wondering why you should support Cinemapolis? Click here!
And also check out all the great benefits of becoming a member.
Tickets can be purchased 24/7 online. Learn more: cinemapolis.org
120 E. Green Street, Ithaca, NY 14850 (607) 277-6115
Brett Bossard, Executive Director – email@example.com
April is Volunteer Appreciation Month
Sponsored by Specialty Trophy & Awards
CRC has been ordering our volunteer name tags & recognition plaques from Specialty Trophy for the past 6 years. Just like us, they are a small operation with a BIG heart and excellent customer service. Please support them and all of our amazing local businesses as we all struggle through this difficult time.
Click here for this months “Gotta Question” about volunteering!
#NationalVolunteerMonth #VolunteerMonth #GetInvolved #SocialResponsibility
Specialty Trophy & Awards strives to offer customers high-quality services personalized for their unique needs. Their experienced, friendly, and knowledgeable Specialty Staff are available to assist with any services needed. They are The Recognition Specialists…but are quickly becoming The Personalization Specialists as well.
May Focus – Athletes and Cancer
Sponsored by ESPN Ithaca
Athletes aren’t immune to cancer. Take a look at this compilation of athletes who have been diagnosed with cancer during their playing careers. They inspire us.
Of course, most of us aren’t elite athletes, but many cancer survivors reclaim their power through sports.
These resources are helpful:
- What athletes should know about cancer
- An exercise program for you: Five tips for cancer survivors
- Exercise advice for surviving cancer, and maybe preventing it
- For cancer prevention month: A call for action, not perfection
Especially timely is this article:
Although our wellness classes and programs are sidelined because of Covid-19, we hope to resume them when it is safe to do so.
Until then, be safe and be well.