Sharon Kaplan, Jyl Dowd, Bob Riter & Kerry Quinn
The Cornell Men’s Hockey team & GOPiNK co-sponsored the event, which raised over $25,000!
Volunteers: Cindy Getchonis, Casey Keller & Jyl Dowd
The Cancer Resource Center of the Finger Lakes is
honored to have established the Angel Fund in memory of
Miguel Ángel Balsa Marín.
This fund is used to provide direct cash assistance to individuals with cancer in our community who have a specific immediate financial need. We've created a special campaign in support of this fund during the month of March. Please click here to read more about Miguel & the fund that was created in his memory.
CRC volunteers are the backbone of our organization and we rely on their support in so many ways. From the bottom of our hearts, we want to thank them for their service!
Please take a minute to comment on our Facebook page
about how one of our volunteers made a difference in your life.
A group of occupational therapy students from Ithaca College recently
completed a class project with CRC. One of their tasks was to create a
brochure providing practical suggestions to cancer patients who are fatigued.
Here's the finished product!
Online ticket sales are closed.
Tickets are available at the door for $10.
To make a donation: gvgb.co/FlairOnIce
Tue. April 21 from 6:30-10pm at the
Athletic & Events Center at IC
To register or donate to the event:
ATTENTION: Kickball enthusiasts. "Be the change you wish to see in the world" and play some kickball to raise awareness for breast cancer! Participating in our riveting, fun-filled kickball tournament is easy! Or come as a spectator to watch the fun, enjoy refreshments & try your luck at the 50/50 raffle.
1. Gather 5-8 of your best friends: and get ready to have a blast!
2. Pay the entry fee: $10 for Students, $20 for Non-Students. And while you're probably thinking..."$10 to play kickball?!" stop that thought. Your money is all going straight to our collaborators over at The Cancer Resource Center of the Finger Lakes, which will go towards breast cancer education and awareness!
3. As you are entering your credit card information, enter your Team name in the "Message" box. If you don't have a Team name yet, just leave it blank.
4. Once you register, your name/Team name will be added to a list at the door.
5. There will be refreshments AND a TROPHY will be awarded to winners (26 INCHES TALL)!
6. Registration deadline: Online registration ends at noon on April 21st. You can register Teams at the event, but it is highly recommended that you register online if you want to be sure to get in.
This is a great cause and we would love for everyone to join us!
For more info on the event contact Matt Connolly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday, April 24, 2015 in Rochester
The Breast Cancer Coalition of Rochester organizes a terrific spring seminar that focuses on metastatic breast cancer. Some of us from the Cancer Resource Center always attend and we'd be happy to have you car pool with us.
Click here for details about the seminar, and contact Bob Riter if you'd like a ride.
Wednesday May 13 from 5:15-6:45pm, Cornell Vet School Hagan Room
Everyone is welcome. Researchers, students, clients, and members of the public all attend on a regular basis. If you'd like a ride from CRC to Cornell, call 277-0960.
suggest that people make a contribution to the Cancer Resource Center in
honor of your birthday, anniversary, wedding, graduation, or other
milestone? You can also ask friends to donate in memory of a
loved one in your honor.
We'll thank them & let you know that they donated in your honor. We're also happy to provide you with brochures, etc. to send out with the invitations to your event.
And they'll even get a tax deduction. Everyone wins!
Looking for an on-line support group?
CancerCare Connect Education™ offers many educational workshops.
Check out our library by visiting our new on-line catalog
CRCFL Support Services Guide & CRCFL Brochure